Deadline: 31 August 2020
The Ministry of Environment and Water announces the Call for proposals № 2 “Circular economy” under Outcome 3: “Improved use of resources at the municipal level (circular economy)” under the Environment Protection and Climate Change Programme of EEA Financial Mechanism 2014-2021.
The Call for Proposals under Outcome 3 “Improved resource management at the municipal level (circular economy)” is aimed at financing projects to help fulfill Bulgaria’s obligations under the EU Circular Economy Action Plan, the 7 th EU Environment Action Programme and the Waste Framework Directive. Funded projects should contribute to increasing the share of recycled waste of the total amount of waste generated. This will increase resource efficiency within the circular economy principle as well as the competitiveness of Bulgarian business. The Call is aimed at implementing measures to reduce the amount of waste generated, implementation of municipal schemes for separate collection and recycling of waste.
This Call for proposals is under the Environmental Protection and Climate Change Programme, financed (85%) by the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism (EEA FM) and co-financed (15%) by the Bulgarian State.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme is implemented on the basis of the Memorandum of Understanding on the implementation of the EEA Financial Mechanism 2014-2021, which sets out the areas of action of the Programme and Programme Agreement, signed on 10.04.2018 between the Financial Mechanism Committee and the National Focal Point.
The Programme aims to improve the environmental status of ecosystems and to reduce the impact of pollution and other human activities and to contribute to the overall objectives of the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 and in particular the reduction of economic and social differences in the European Economic Area countries and strengthening the bilateral relations between the Donor States and Bulgaria.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The Environmental Protection and Climate Change Programme contributes to two Programme areas:
- Programme area 11 – Environment and ecosystems;
- Programme area 13 – Mitigation and adaptation to climate change.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Total procedure budget is EUR 1, 582, 303.
- The minimum amount of funding is EUR 200,000 and the maximum is EUR 400,000.
- The maximum grant amount of the Project promoter and Partner (s) should be in accordance with the State / De minimis Aid regime.
- The duration of the project is from 12 months to 24 months.
- The project activities must be completed by 30 April 2024 at the latest which is the final eligibility date for implementation of projects under “Environment Protection and Climate Change” programme cofinanced by the EEA Financial mechanism 2014-2021.
The following activities shall be considered eligible under this Call:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Project management activities. These include activities related to project planning and coordination of daily activities between partners, reporting, financial management, interaction with monitoring and control authorities and similar non-technical activities necessary for the successful implementation of the project;
- Ensure publicity under the Communication and Design Guide of the EEA Financial Mechanism for 2014-2020. All information and publicity materials related to the Financial Mechanism should be in line with the Programme’s information and publicity;
- Specific minimum required technical activities related to this Call, for the purpose of addressing issues identified in Outcome 3: “Improved resource management at municipal level (circular economy)” under the Environmental Protection and Climate Change Programme, which are eligible for financing, are as follows:
- Identification of specific consumption patterns and trends in waste generation
- Implementation of municipal schemes for recycling / and separate collection of waste.
- Conducting awareness raising campaigns regarding for separate collection and recycling;
- Other eligible activities that can be funded, are as follows:
- Dissemination of good practices for waste management from Donor States;
- Activities to enhance the skills and competencies of professionals (Profect promoter’s staff) in applying the principles of the circular economy;
- Under this Call, eligible Applicants (“Project promoters”) are the municipalities on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria.
- Applicants may apply individually or in partnership. The application is made by submitting an Application form (by the Applicant) on behalf of all partners.
- A municipality may be a Project promoter for one project only and/ or а partner in not more than 2 projects under this Call.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2WPhDGh
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.