Deadline: 15 October 2018
The A.J. Muste Memorial Institute is accepting applications for its Social Justice Fund to support grassroots activist projects in the US and around the world, giving priority to those with small budgets and little access to more mainstream funding sources.
The Social Justice Fund’s priority is to support:
- direct grassroots activism and organizing
- groups with diverse, representative and democratic leadership structures
- groups which have or can obtain sufficient economic and in-kind support
- from a diversity of sources to carry out their regular work, but need additional support to carry out a project or build capacity
The Muste Institute’s Social Justice Fund considers proposals:
- for new projects or campaigns, or efforts to expand existing work
- for ongoing projects or campaigns
- for capacity building, leadership development, and resource sustainability
- for projects with expense budgets under $50,000
- for projects which are local, regional, national or global in scope
- from groups located anywhere in the world
- from grassroots organizations with annual expenses of less than $500,000
- from groups with limited access to more mainstream funding sources
- from groups that may be unincorporated or incorporated
- from groups with or without 501(c)3 status or a fiscal sponsor
- from groups which have not received Social Justice Fund grants at least two years
How to Apply
Applicants must download preliminary application form available on the given website and submit in a prescribed format via email.
For more information, please visit Social Justice Fund.