Deadline: 1 December 2018
The New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) is seeking applications for its Mobility Grants under the BioFISA II Programme.
The BioFISA II Programme (a Finnish-Southern African Partnership Programme) is aimed at strengthening the NEPAD SANBio Network and in this second phase it focuses on boosting regional collaboration and networking. The Mobility Grant is used to support this objective.
The SANBio Mobility Grant offers:
- Support to candidates on fellowships is for a duration of up to 3 months and may include travel in the region or internationally.
- Experts in technical or business fields may be invited by host institutions for up to 4 weeks for specific technical assistance to be provided to organisations in SANBio member states
- Knowledge exchange/peer to peer visits for up to 2 weeks duration includes regional and international meetings as well as seminars or training courses with a specific focus in the areas of health and nutrition and on strengthening the visibility of SANBio network partners.
- Business development mentorship programmes to support bio-science start-ups for up to two weeks with the aim to support commercialisation of research outputs.
- SANBio Network encourages more applications from the region.
- SANBio member country individuals working in research institutions the bioscience field (in the impact areas of health and nutrition) are eligible to apply.
- All applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Relevance of the activity and contribution towards strengthening the SANBio network;
- Relevance in terms of the thematic areas in health and nutrition supported by SANBio/BioFiSA II Programme;
- Preferred participation of women and under-represented groups (target of 50%).
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted electronically at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Mobility Grants.