Deadline: 26 July 2018
The New York Life Foundation is seeking applications for its “Community Expansion Grants”.
New York Life Foundation’s Grief Reach Community Expansion RFP awards nonprofits that will expand and increase access for grief support services to underserved populations in local communities.
The New York Life Foundation is providing community expansion grants during each grant cycle with the following number of grants and amounts:
- 5 – $15,000
- 3 – $50,000 ($25,000 a year for two years)
- 3 – $100,000 ($50,000 a year for two years)
- Be a private, nonprofit U.S. based organization, with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, and which is not a private foundation
- Be in operation as a 501(c)3 for at least three consecutive years
- Grant request amount must not be greater than 10% of the organization’s most recent fiscal year actual. (For example: An organization must have had $250,000 or more of expenses last year in order to apply for a $25,000 grant)
- Provide 990 tax returns for the past two years
- Provide a budget explaining how the requested funds will be used.
- Currently serving bereaved youth
- Have at least one paid staff person
- Organizations can only submit to one RFP cycle per calendar year
Excluded Organizations and Areas
- Individuals or government agencies
- Organizations or activities whose services are limited to members of one religious or sectarian group
- Fraternal, social, professional, athletic, or veterans’ organizations
- Seminars, conferences, trips
- Endowments, memorials, or capital campaigns
- Fundraising events, telethons, races, or other benefits
- Goodwill advertising
- Basic or applied research
- Organizations which discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, or national origin
How to Apply
Eligible Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, Please visit New York Life Foundation.