Deadline: 20 April 2017
The overall purpose of Norad’s grant scheme for support to civil society and democratization is to strengthen civil society in developing countries and their ability and capacity to enhance development in their own countries. Norwegian, international, regional and national organizations can contribute to the strengthening of local capacity. Accordingly, Norwegian civil society organizations, international organizations and networks, as well as national civil society organisations can be supported through this call.
- Objective 1: All children start and complete basic education
- Objective 2: All children and young people learn basic skills and are equipped to tackle adult life
- Objective 3: Young people develop skills that enable them to find gainful employment
- Up to 80 million NOK a year is available for support under this call.
- Project proposals must have a minimum budget of 5 million NOK per year and not more than 25 million NOK per year.
- Norwegian NGOs, International NGOs and national NGOs working in the project countries are eligible.
- Project proposals can be submitted by Norwegian Civil Society Organisations (NGOs), International Non-Governmental Organisations (INGOs) and national Non-Governmental Organisations (NNGOs) in the project countries. Organisations based in the global south will be prioritised.
- Geographical scope:
- Funding will be prioritised to projects addressing the education sector in Mali, Niger and Burkina Faso.
- Sub-regional projects including at least one of these countries may also be eligible for support.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Call for proposals.