Deadline: 9 October 2019
The Initiative for Investigative Journalism in the Americas of the International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) in alliance with CONNECTAS, is currently inviting Mexican journalists to participate in the workshop on journalistic investigation techniques in Mexico.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The program will give attendees tools to understand and do collaborative journalism and principles on physical and digital security. Likewise, keys will be given to carry out research work in the new millennium. There will be a 30 percent quota for journalists residing outside CDMX who will be covered by the program for air ticket, transportation, lodging and food expenses.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
CONNECTAS is a nonprofit journalistic initiative that promotes the production, exchange, training and dissemination of information on key issues for the development of the Americas.
CONNECTAS produces its own journalistic reports and, in partnership, also produces analysis articles and adds content on key aspects for the development of the Americas, privileging the transnational perspective, in topics such as infrastructure, energy, telecommunications, technology, environment, organized crime and governance.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The editorial responsibility of each work will correspond to the author;
- Accepting participation in the workshop expresses the authorization of the terms of republication and redistribution of research material;
- Participants agree to answer some surveys before and after the meetings;
- Participants will guarantee punctuality and their participation in the entire workshop. Those with a transnational component will be privileged.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Applicants must reside and work as a journalist in Mexico;
- Applicants must have at least three years of experience and a high interest in investigative journalism;
- Applicants must Submit a research proposal on a topic of relevance and public interest in a maximum of 100 words. Those with a transnational component will be privileged.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information please visit https://www.connectas.org/labs/taller-de-periodismo-de-investigacion-en-ciudad-de-mexico/