To respond to this crisis and support LGBTIQ organizations around the world who are serving people impacted by COVID-19 while facing an uncertain future themselves, OutRight Action International has set up a COVID-19 LGBTIQ Emergency Response Fund.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The global health crisis caused by the COVID-19 virus is taking its toll on many people, including LGBTIQ communities. In fact, in times of crisis, vulnerable groups become even more vulnerable. Due to lockdowns and curfews, countless LGBTIQ people have lost their source of income, and consequently their homes. Many of us can not turn to our families due to a lack of acceptance. LGBTIQ shelters are under quarantine, shut down, or oversubscribed. Many LGBTIQ people face challenges in accessing healthcare on a day to day basis. Now, this access is even more restricted, as health systems are overstretched with COVID-19 patients. Due to social distancing requirements, they no longer have access to community centers or events.
These are only the immediate effects of the crisis. On the horizon budget cuts for LGBTIQ organizations are looming, as donors might have to scale down or redirect the support they can provide. Unemployment is on the rise, small businesses struggling and when or how the economy will rebuild unknown.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The fund offers grants to LGBTIQ organizations, registered and not-registered, between 2,500 and 10,000 USD.
- The grants can be used for any emergency that has occurred as a result of the COVID-19 health crisis, such as immediate support to community members to buy food or medicine, provide shelter, or pay rent and utilities for LGBTIQ organizations.
- OutRight recognizes that needs are different from community to community, and that local organizations know best what the immediate needs are.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- To be eligible for a grant, organizations must work directly with and for LGBTIQ people (including MSM groups, trans groups, LBQ groups, and intersex groups), and be based outside the USA, Canada, the European Economic Area, the UK, Switzerland, Australia or New Zealand.
- Unfortunately, OutRight cannot issue grants to individuals. They know that the needs are multiple and the urgency high. They will strive to make as many grants as possible with the funding available and continue fundraising for the fund so that more grants can be issued.
The form is available in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Arabic.
For more information, visit https://outrightinternational.org/applications-are-open-covid19-lgbtiq-emergency-response-fund
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.