Deadline: 12 August 2016
The U.S. Consulate General Public Affairs Section in Kolkata is seeking proposals from eligible U.S and Indian organisations for a project entitled “Online Environmental Science Program”.
The proposed project will educate high school students about local systems of water and the root causes and effects of air and/or water pollution in order for them to learn about their local environmental systems, to apply action locally, and to inform their communities of the challenges and next steps required to improve their local environment.
Funding Information: The grants for this proposal must fall between $120,000.00 to $150,000.00.
- The project will match Indian and U.S. school calendars, providing students with the ability to study a module and then apply the learning.
- Local field trips, visits to science institutes, guest speakers, lectures, and other learnings will support the created online content.
- Teacher roles for the after-school program are to assist in selection, administration, and educate, inform, and support field trips and research and analysis.
- As part of this grant, up to 2 teachers from each selected high school should be provided training in their respective country through a regional training program/orientation to highlight concepts and learning objectives.
- Each school team (consisting of up to 10 students) will have a counterpart school team in the other country, and the students will work together on completing projects and a final project, to be developed by the collaborating institutions and students.
- Student teams will provide a final paper or project summary that will be judged by the grantees and teachers.
- The winning two schools will send a small team from each country for at least one week to appropriate scientific conferences/workshops in the other’s country on fields of water and/or air pollution science to report on their findings.
- This project will run for at least one semester after approximately 6 months has been provided for development and training.
- U.S. or Indian organization are eligible to apply
- Eligibility is open to all non-profit, non-governmental organizations.
- Individuals are not eligible for an award.
- Organizations may sub-contract with other entities, but only one, non-profit, non-governmental entity can be the prime recipient of the award.
- When sub-contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal.
- U.S. Consulate General, Kolkata grants/cooperative agreements cannot be used to fund religious or partisan political activity; fundraising campaigns; commercial projects; scientific research; projects whose primary aim is the institutional development of the organization, or illegal activities.
- For Indian applicants, the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) of the Government of India applies.
- Applicants must acquire all required registrations and rights in the United States and India. All intellectual property considerations and rights must be fully met in the United States and India.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: United States and India
For more information, please visit grants.gov.