Deadline: 15 September 2019
The Private Enterprise Development in Low-Income Countries (PEDL) Initiative is pleased to announce a special call through its Special Exploratory Research Grant program for projects addressing climate change and social compliance.
ERGs are designed to be contracted directly with individual researchers. The individual researcher will be responsible for receiving, spending and reporting on funds. There should be no institutional involvement. In exceptional circumstances and with significant justification contracts can be drafted with the individual’s institution, but these are non-negotiable and the institution cannot take any overhead fees.
Examples of topics relevant for this call are:
- The impact of environmental regulations on firm performances
- The impact of climate and pollution on worker productivity
While this call will focus on one specific PEDL Research Theme, the other typical criteria apply. As a result, they encourage proposals that address the following cross-cutting issues:
- Fragile and Conflict Afflicted States
- Unlocking Data for Understanding Markets and Firms
For this special call, they have established an upper limit of funding of £50,000, thus higher than the usual ceiling. These grants will cover expenditures related to research assistance, field work, travel and other expenditures directly related to the research.
- Please note that an important criterion for funding of proposals is the relevance to policy in Low-Income Countries and other eligible countries as defined by the PEDL Programme.
- Only individuals can apply for a PEDL Exploratory Grant. PEDL Exploratory Grants will be issued through a contract between CEPR and the successful applicant directly. In exceptional circumstances, a contract with an institution can be issued, but the contract will be non-negotiable, and the institution cannot take any overheads. This applies also to Doctoral students.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://pedl.cepr.org/content/special-exploratory-research-grant-calls