Deadline: 15 September 2019
The Private Enterprise Development in Low-Income Countries (PEDL) Initiative is pleased to announce a special call through its Special Exploratory Research Grant program for projects addressing climate change and social compliance.
ERGs are designed to be contracted directly with individual researchers. The individual researcher will be responsible for receiving, spending and reporting on funds. There should be no institutional involvement. In exceptional circumstances and with significant justification contracts can be drafted with the individual’s institution, but these are non-negotiable and the institution cannot take any overhead fees.
Examples of topics relevant for this call are:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- The impact of environmental regulations on firm performances
- The impact of climate and pollution on worker productivity
While this call will focus on one specific PEDL Research Theme, the other typical criteria apply. As a result, they encourage proposals that address the following cross-cutting issues:
- Fragile and Conflict Afflicted States
- Unlocking Data for Understanding Markets and Firms
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
For this special call, they have established an upper limit of funding of £50,000, thus higher than the usual ceiling. These grants will cover expenditures related to research assistance, field work, travel and other expenditures directly related to the research.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Please note that an important criterion for funding of proposals is the relevance to policy in Low-Income Countries and other eligible countries as defined by the PEDL Programme.
- Only individuals can apply for a PEDL Exploratory Grant. PEDL Exploratory Grants will be issued through a contract between CEPR and the successful applicant directly. In exceptional circumstances, a contract with an institution can be issued, but the contract will be non-negotiable, and the institution cannot take any overheads. This applies also to Doctoral students.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://pedl.cepr.org/content/special-exploratory-research-grant-calls