People in Need (PIN) has launched a call for proposals and disburse grants to CSOs that both address COVID-related health and socio-economic needs of vulnerable groups, and enable them to continue supporting their usual constituents.
People in Need (PIN), with the financial support of the European Union, implement a regional “EU COVID-19 Solidarity Programme for the Eastern Partnership 2020-2022” program. This program supports civil society organizations (CSOs) to respond to the immediate and longer-term impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic in Eastern Partnership countries.
- The aim of the People in Need COVID-19 Solidarity Grants Programme is to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19 and contribute to the longer-term socio-economic resilience of vulnerable groups in Armenia.
- Throughout the programme, PIN will work with CSOs that support vulnerable households, including elderly people, minorities, youth, and women and migrants/work migrants·
- PIN will provide grants, each up to a maximum of 20 000 000 AMD.
- Each proposed grant project should not exceed 12 months.
Proposed projects should demonstrate an understanding of the challenges faced by vulnerable communities, including remote rural ones. In addition, in this round of grants PIN will prioritize proposals that will focus on sustainable and long-term interventions intersecting needs of the following vulnerable groups, including displaced people from Nagorno-Karabakh:
- Persons with disabilities;
- Elderly people;
- Migrants/ labour migrants.
- Successful proposals will suggest sustainable and long-term mechanisms that will fall within one of the following proposed LOTS:
- Economic Recovery –This might include support to restart the micro and small business / income-generating activities, delivering skills necessary for adapting to new labour market conditions, equipment to meet authorities’ COVID prevention measures.
- Social and Psychological Services – This might include the provision of home-based social services where there are identified gaps for target groups, as well as support to the centres that provide psychological support to the vulnerable groups.
- Education – This can include support to distance education and initiatives to ensure vulnerable children do not fall behind due to school closures, lack of home-schooling opportunities, as well as psychological support to educators and parents.
- Target Regions
- In this round, proposed projects should target underserved, vulnerable communities in all regions of Armenia.
The budget must be in line with the activities described in the application form. The following activities are not eligible under this call:
- Infrastructural projects (constructing roads, bridges, school rehabilitation, etc);
- Purchase of land or property;
- Political or religious activities;
- Environmentally harmful projects;
- Activities focusing on needs assessment;
- Retrospective activities (grant activities that have been completed or have commenced prior to signing the grant agreement);
- Further sub-granting to third parties.
This call for proposals is open to non-profit-making civil society organizations with the status of a legal entity, established in Armenia. Applications on behalf of consortiums are eligible. Applications should provide evidence of the following:
- Registration status as a non-profit organization registered under Armenian legislation.
- At least 3 years of experience of serving the beneficiary groups included in the project proposal.
- Ideally show that they are already responding to the COVID-19 crisis in Armenia.
Note: Eligible applicants could be also service providers or (semi) governmental institutions providing essential support services (medical, social, and legal, socio-economic) if they apply jointly with a registered CSO.
Applicants must submit all of the following:
- Annex 1 – Application Form;
- Annex 2 – Budget;
- Copies of charter and registration document;
- CVs of the project team.
Applications can be submitted in English or Armenian. All submitted applications must be signed by the head of the applicant organization, scanned, and sent electronically.
For more information, visit https://armenia.peopleinneed.global/en/call-for-proposals-eng-7381gp