The Philip and Connie Phillips Foundation is now inviting applications for its Grants Program to support charities in Kent and Medway who demonstrate their impact on the health and wellbeing of their local community.
- The Foundation has the following funding priority areas:
- Elderly and Isolated: They want to support charities working with people who are elderly and isolated, particularly in rural areas. This may include activities to help improve people’s lives, or meal services, befriending, advice or other support.
- Homelessness: They support charities who help people who are homeless, lack stable accommodation or are in insecure or vulnerable housing.
- Strengthening local communities: They support charities to improve people’s health and wellbeing. This could include providing access to services, supporting people and families facing financial hardship (such as foodbanks and debt advice) or helping to combat isolation (such as befriending services or social inclusion projects).
- People with a long-term health condition or disability: They fund charities who support people living with disabilities and long-term health conditions, including helping people manage at home independently.
What they will fund?
- Contributions to general running costs, volunteer costs, salaries and project costs
- Most grants will be in the region of £5,000 to £10,000 and could be spread over one or two years
- They will have three grant rounds each year
What they will not fund?
- Charities based outside of the area of Kent County Council and Medway
- Charities who, although based in Kent, deliver most of their work outside of the county. Please note any funding will be restricted to Kent based work
- Charities with income under £10,000 or over £1 million
- Contributions to capital appeals, including the restoration and conservation of buildings
- Equipment (unless as a percentage of project costs)
- Academic research, scholarships or bursaries
- Nurseries, schools and colleges
- Work which has already taken place
- Registered charities located in and mainly operating in the area covered by Kent County Council and Medway
- Charities with total annual income between £10,000 and £1 million, as shown in your most recent set of accounts
For more information, visit Philip and Connie Phillips Foundation.