The PowerOn Individual Tech Grant provides life-saving and life-changing technology (cell phones, tablets, and laptops) to LGBTQ+ individuals for personal use.
Surviving and thriving in today’s society requires virtual connection. A phone, tablet, or laptop is essential for completing schoolwork, applying for jobs, staying in touch with friends and family, and accessing vital online services like healthcare. While essential, these devices are often out of reach for many. PowerOn is dedicated to providing these technologies.
Apply to receive
- Cell phones
- In order to qualify for this grant applicants must:
- Identify as a member of the LGBTQ+ community;
- Be a able to provide an address within the US or US territory;
- Be over the age of 16;
- Be referred through an establishment such as an LGBTQ+ center, social service organization, school, university, etc. Referrals can be made by case managers, organization staff, teachers, counselors, advisors, professors, etc.
- Applicants may apply for one device within a 12 month period.
- Reporting required for this Grant are:
- Phone recipients must provide PowerOn with phone number after activating phone.
- All grant recipients must submit two impact surveys which will be sent at three and six months as of receiving their device.
- Option to submit a video report (which they may share on social media). Those who submit a video report will qualify to receive a gift card.
For more information, visit PowerOn.