WATERMEDYIN Project, financed by the Italian Cooperation and implemented by CIHEAM Bari is launching a public call for “Supporting and Strengthening start-ups operating in the sustainable management of water and marine resources, and in the agri-food and coastal development sectors”, aimed at selecting 10 innovative start-ups per Country – operating in the sustainable management of water and marine resources, in the agri-food sector and in coastal development – to be integrated into a training/coaching process that will support them in the development and consolidation of their innovative product/service.
The aim of the call is to encourage the development of companies and solutions proposed by young innovators, which will make it possible to respond to issues felt throughout the Mediterranean basin, such as:
- Difficulty of leading the innovation processes in the agri-food sector;
- Increasing scarcity and difficult access to water resources;
- Protection and sustainable management of the marine and coastal environment.
Considering the increasing demand for innovative services and successful business ideas, in response to the needs of local communities in the agri-food sector, in water resources and marine-coastal environment management, 20 participants per Country representing 10 selected start-ups will benefit from:
- An online intensive 10-day training held by outstanding international experts with lectures, teamwork, and practical work (all the training activities will be held in English).
- An in-depth programme that will boost the capacities of the teams on specific issues such as the development of innovative companies, organization and management of start-ups, technological and social innovation, strengthening of the business model, “go to market”, marketing strategy etc.
- A certificate will be delivered to all participants
- Start-up team composition (threshold: under 35 and/or women: 50%);
- Years of start-up establishment (3 years or less preferred);
- Qualitative, innovative, and creatively presented proposal;
- Proposal matching the relevant SDGs;
- Feasibility, timing, economic sustainability included in the proposal.
For more information, visit https://www.watermedyin.net/startup-call/