Deadline: 31 December 2019
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
PAS Canada invites proposals for programs that promote bilateral cooperation and highlight shared values. All programs must include an American perspective, societal or cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and viewpoints. Additionally, programs must include a public outreach component(s), such as live streaming, masterclasses, traditional media, digital outreach, or events open to the general public.
Examples of Public Diplomacy Grant programs include, but are not limited to:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Academic and professional lectures, and seminars;
- Professional and academic exchanges and programs;
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances, and exhibitions;
Awards may range from a minimum of $7500 to a maximum of $100,000.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Priority Program Areas
- Proposals that enhance their joint ability to respond to public health crises such as opioid or meth epidemics;
- Proposals that enhance their joint ability to engage in crisis response to natural disasters and security threats;
- Proposals that relate to the Arctic;
- Proposals that promote and/or support STEAM (science, technology, math, engineering and design arts), cross-border innovation, and the digital economy;
- Proposals that support entrepreneurship and economic prosperity, and;
- Proposals that promote cultural and civic exchanges and enhance understanding of their shared values, traditions, and history, or promote North American institutional and/or community linkages.
Participants and Audiences
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Youth and underserved communities;
- New Canadian and immigrant populations;
- Arctic communities;
- Civil society and non-government organizations;
- Academic and cultural institutions;
- Law enforcement and first responders.
- The Public Affairs Section considers applications from the United States and Canada, including:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations;
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions;
- Governmental institutions
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
- The following types of programs are not eligible for funding:
- Programs relating to partisan political activity;
- Charitable or development activities;
- Construction programs;
- Fund-raising campaigns;
- Lobbying for specific legislation or programs;
- Scientific research;
- Programs intended primarily for the growth or institutional development of the organization; or
- Programs that duplicate existing programs;
- Grants to for-profit entities
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
All application materials must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: United States and Canada
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/ottawa/sections-offices/u-s-mission-to-canada-public-affairs-grants-program/