The Scottish Refugee Council is awarding ‘Refugee Festival Scotland Small Grants Fund’ to enable grassroots groups and organisations to take part in Refugee Festival Scotland by helping them cover the cost of running events.
The Refugee Festival Scotland Small Grants Fund aims to help celebrate and highlight the contribution that refugee communities make to life in Scotland, while promoting and strengthening partnerships and connections.
Your organisation can apply for a grant of up to £500 to help deliver arts and cultural events as part of Refugee Festival Scotland.
What types of events and activities does the funding cover?
- You can apply for a small grant to help you run all kinds of events and activities as part of Refugee Festival Scotland.
- Any event is welcome, from art, film, music, dance and discussion to sport, storytelling, theatre, cookery demonstrations, creative workshops, community-get-togethers and family-friendly picnics.
- Grants can only be awarded to groups and organisations. Applications from individuals will not be considered.
- The Fund is open to community groups and organisations that are led by refugees or focused on assisting refugee communities.
- Your group or organisation can be located anywhere in Scotland.
- Your application must demonstrate how refugees and/or people seeking asylum will be involved in the planning and delivery of your event.
- The Council can only fund organisations that have a bank account. If you do not have a bank account, consider applying in partnership with an organisation that does.
To qualify for funding, your event must:
Take place between 16-25 June
Be open to the public.
Involve refugees and/or people seeking asylum in the planning and delivery.
Bring communities together to celebrate refugee arts and culture.
Help people from different backgrounds to connect and build understanding, solidarity and friendship.
For more information, visit Scottish Refugee Council.