The Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) Community Fund seeks to support community-based organizations working to improve the lives of people living with type 1 diabetes (T1D) in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
Grants will be awarded to a diverse portfolio of community-based organizations supporting people living with type 1 diabetes to gain access to high-quality treatment or other forms of medical, social, economic, or emotional care.
The T1D Community Fund will provide:
- Core support for direct-service organizations with a primary programmatic focus on type 1 diabetes or
- Program-specific support for type 1 diabetes initiatives implemented by organizations with multiple programmatic focuses or a broader non-communicable disease strategy.
- Typical awards are expected to range from USD $10,000 to 40,000 per year.
- Grant terms will range from 1 to 2 years.
Through this funding opportunity, The T1D Community Fund seeks to advance:
- The impact of community-based organizations working to improve the lives of people living with type 1 diabetes;
- Opportunities for collaboration between community-based organizations; and
- Learning on needs, challenges, and opportunities to better support the type 1 diabetes community in the future.
- This request for proposals (RFP) is open to organizations that meet all the following requirements:
- Recognized as a non-governmental organization or charitable entity with confirmation of relevant status in its country or has a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor.
- Based in and serves communities in a low- or middle-income country that qualifies for funding.
- Conducts type 1 diabetes-specific programming in either of the following ways:
- As a community-based organization dedicated to type 1 diabetes or
- As an organization with a community-based initiative focused specifically on type 1 diabetes.
- Able to accept funding through a traditional banking system.
- Able to submit the grant application, reports (if granted), and any related correspondence in English.
For more information, visit Panorama Global.