Deadline: 15 June 2016
The Rosalyn S. Jaffe Awards is inviting nominations from the US-based organizations working for the benefit of Women and Children,especially in the areas of health, education, social reform and esteem. The program is sponsored by The Ascena Foundation.
Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes offered in this Contest is $150,000 US.
- The winners will receive:
- A grand prize consisting solely of one hundred thousand United States dollars ($100,000 USD).
- Runner-up winners will receive:
- One (1) runner-up prize consisting solely of twenty-five thousand United States dollars ($25,000 US).
Anyone who is at least eighteen (18) years old may nominate an individual in this Contest.
Nominees in this Contest must be:
- Legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia,
- At least eighteen (18) years old on the date of nomination in this Contest, and
- The creator or founder of a social impact organization (“Organization”) that:
- Is either
- a legal entity that has itself received and maintains 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service throughout the entire Contest (including, as applicable, the prize fulfillment process) or
- holds a formalized, written fiscal-sponsorship arrangement with a legal entity that has received and maintains 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service throughout the entire Contest (including, as applicable, the prize fulfillment process) (“Fiscal Sponsor”),
- Is independent and autonomous and must not be substantially supported by, or serve the purpose of promoting, religious or political organizations or beliefs (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Nominee must be the Organization’s principal decision maker in management and development matters. Organizations that were started under the direction of an existing third-party organization (i.e., any entity other than the Organization created by the Nominee) do not meet this requirement and are ineligible in this Contest. (Organizations with a Fiscal Sponsor may still be considered autonomous and satisfy this requirement as determined by Sponsor in its discretion.),
- Is US-based, and
- Has a primary objective related to improving health, education, or esteem or to social reform and benefiting low- and middle-income women and/or children in the U.S.
- Is either
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit the duly filled nomination form available on the website.
Eligible Country: US
For more information, please visit Roslyn S. Jaffe Awards.