Deadline: 27 July 2016
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) is currently inviting applications for its Integrating Cost-of-Care Conversation Resources into the Clinical Workflow program with an aim to support patients in making health care choices based on their needs and preferences, in collaboration with their care providers.
This solicitation seeks to establish best practices for how tools/resources that support cost-of-care conversations (e.g., cost estimator tools, conversation guides, and financial questions) can be better embedded into the clinical workflow and patient/caregiver “life flow.” Funded studies will thus explore these best practices for workflow integration, to ultimately help inform the development and refinement of tools, guides and resources for improving patient and clinician communication around costs and high-value care.
- Up to $900,000 will be available under this CFP.
- Project funding can be up to $250,000 to accommodate studies of up to 12 months.
- Three to five studies will be funded.
- The Foundation expects to fund a mix of studies with varying budget levels across each of the major topic areas referenced above.
- June 29, 2016 (2:30 p.m. ET): Applicant webinar. Registration is required.
- July 27, 2016 (3 p.m. ET): Deadline for receipt of full proposals.
- September 15, 2016: Notification of finalists.
- December 1, 2016: Grants start.
- Researchers as well as practitioners and public and private policymakers working with researchers, are eligible to submit proposals through their organizations.
- Projects may be generated from disciplines including health services research, economics, sociology, program evaluation, political science, public policy, public health, public administration, law business administration and other related fields.
- Preference will be given to applicants that are either public entities or nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and are not private foundations or Type III supporting organizations.
- The Foundation may require additional documentation.
- Applicant organizations must be based in the United States or its territories.
How to Apply
Proposals for this solicitation must be submitted via the RWJF online system provided on the website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Integrating Cost-of-Care Conversation Resources into the Clinical Workflow.