Deadline: 30 September 2019
Following the success of 1st four editions, the Women for Africa Foundation (FMxA), is launching the 5th Edition of SCIENCE BY WOMEN programme, with the aim to promote African women’s leadership in scientific research and technology transfer and to foster the capacity of the research centres in their home countries.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ultimate goal of the programme is to enable African women researchers and Scientists to tackle the great challenges faced by Africa through research in health, agriculture and food security, water, energy and climate change, as well as mathematics and economic science.
To achieve this ambitious goal, FMxA Collabortes with the Spanish Centres of Excellence, whose prestige is Unanimously recognized throughout Spain and internationally, thereby ensuring excellence in Scientific research in Various fields.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Return flight from their center of origin to the host institution;
- Living allowance of 2,400 Euros (before taxes) per month to cover accommodation, personal expenses and health and occupational accident insurance coverage.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The Science by Women program will fund a total of 15 six-month visiting senior research fellowships for 15 experienced African women researchers in 15 different international research centers of excellence based in Spain.
Areas of Research
The preferred areas of research include:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Health and Bio-medicine;
- Energy, water and Climate Change;
- Agriculture and Food Safety;
- Mathematics, Information and Communication Technologies;
- Economic Science;
- Physics and Materials Sciences;
- Applicant must be Women;
- Applicant must have the nationality of an African country;
- Applicant must be having a PhD with at least 3 years of post-doctoral professional experience;
- Applicant must have current contractual relationship with a university or a public or private non-profit organization based in Africa dedicated to significant scientific research in the areas indicated above;
- Applicant must have excellent academic record and proven track of relevant research experience;
- Solid working knowledge of English;
- Applicant must proven experience leading a research group.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information please visit https://www.mujeresporafrica.es/en/content/science-women-2019
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.