Deadline: 30 September 2019
Following the success of 1st four editions, the Women for Africa Foundation (FMxA), is launching the 5th Edition of SCIENCE BY WOMEN programme, with the aim to promote African women’s leadership in scientific research and technology transfer and to foster the capacity of the research centres in their home countries.
The ultimate goal of the programme is to enable African women researchers and Scientists to tackle the great challenges faced by Africa through research in health, agriculture and food security, water, energy and climate change, as well as mathematics and economic science.
To achieve this ambitious goal, FMxA Collabortes with the Spanish Centres of Excellence, whose prestige is Unanimously recognized throughout Spain and internationally, thereby ensuring excellence in Scientific research in Various fields.
- Return flight from their center of origin to the host institution;
- Living allowance of 2,400 Euros (before taxes) per month to cover accommodation, personal expenses and health and occupational accident insurance coverage.
- The Science by Women program will fund a total of 15 six-month visiting senior research fellowships for 15 experienced African women researchers in 15 different international research centers of excellence based in Spain.
Areas of Research
The preferred areas of research include:
- Health and Bio-medicine;
- Energy, water and Climate Change;
- Agriculture and Food Safety;
- Mathematics, Information and Communication Technologies;
- Economic Science;
- Physics and Materials Sciences;
- Applicant must be Women;
- Applicant must have the nationality of an African country;
- Applicant must be having a PhD with at least 3 years of post-doctoral professional experience;
- Applicant must have current contractual relationship with a university or a public or private non-profit organization based in Africa dedicated to significant scientific research in the areas indicated above;
- Applicant must have excellent academic record and proven track of relevant research experience;
- Solid working knowledge of English;
- Applicant must proven experience leading a research group.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information please visit https://www.mujeresporafrica.es/en/content/science-women-2019