This aid modality of the Slovak Official Development Assistance is funded from SlovakAid and is aimed directly at small-scale projects which represent a more flexible, operative and effective financial support for developing countries. The proposals must be in accordance with the Strategy of the Slovak Republic for Development Cooperation for 2019– 2023. Project proposals which are not in line with the focus of this call for proposals will not be accepted.
The submitted projects must be related to sectors of:
- Good governance and building civil society;
- Infrastructure and sustainable use of natural resources;
- Supporting creation of market conditions.
The projects have to be focus on one or more of the selected Sustainable Development Goals:
- Quality education (SDG 4);
- Good Health (SDG 3);
- Good governance and civil society building (SDG 16, 11);
- Food security and agriculture (SDG 1,2);
- Infrastructure and sustainable use of natural resources (SDG 6,11,7,15);
- Support for the creation of a market environment (SDG 8,9).
Cross-cutting themes should be integrated into SlovakAid projects and activities
- Environment and climate change (SDG 13);
- Equal opportunities (SDG 5).
- The maximum amount of the non-repayable financial contribution is maximum 10 000 EUR per project.
- A maximum number of the selected projects are limited by the budget allocated for this call for proposals which is 50 000 EUR.
- The duration of each project is from 6 to a maximum of 12 months beginning from the date of the signing of the Agreement between the Slovak Agency for International Development Cooperation and the Final Beneficiary.
The call for proposals is open to registered legal persons:
- NGOs, non-profit subjects and local authorities.
For more information, visit https://www.mzv.sk/web/belehrad-en/development-cooperation/small-grants