The Publishing Grant invites project proposals from cultural producers such as: art and culture scholars, translators, writers, editors, independent publishers and publishing houses, collectives and non-profit institutions. They seek projects that contribute to the production of original ideas and critical thinking and that pursue an experimental and innovative approach to publishing.
- The winner(s) will be provided a round-trip air ticket in economy class and hotel accommodation in Sharjah to launch their completed project at Focal Point and participate in the talks programme.
- The Foundation will promote the works through its own marketing and distribution network.
- If required, the Foundation can connect grant recipients to its network of editors, translators, designers, printers and shippers to support the process of producing the publication.
- Sharjah Art Foundation will provide a total of 30,000 USD to multiple grantees to support projects that stand out for their intellectual, graphic and material qualities.
- The requested grant amount per project must not exceed 15,000 USD.
- Projects in the following categories are not eligible for the Publishing Grant:
- Fiction, drama, poetry and biographies.
- Proposals for exhibition catalogues or monographs associated with another institution or commercial space.
- Projects where funding is intended to cover infrastructure and equipment costs as well as the costs of operating cultural facilities, archives and collections.
For more information, visit Sharjah Art Foundation.