Deadline: 15 March 2020
The U.S. Embassy in Prague has announced an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out programs with outstanding merit that support the U.S. Government’s broad goals of fostering mutual cooperation between the United States and the Czech Republic with a focus on one or more of the Embassy’s priority themes and initiatives:
- 75th Anniversary of Liberation of Western Bohemia
- Media Freedom/Journalism
The Embassy will also consider project proposals in the following themes, although these are not the priority for this grant round:
- Sports and Cultural programming
- Promoting Democracy, Good Governance & Rule of Law
- Promoting Human Rights & Minority Integration
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM)-related Projects
- Energy Security
- Gender Equality & Women Empowerment
- Cyber Security
- Educational initiatives / Curriculum
- U.S.-Czech Relations
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $3,000 to a maximum of $10,000
- Length of performance period: up to 24 months
- Anticipated program start: On or after April 2020
Participants and Audiences
Proposals should target participants or audiences located within the Czech Republic.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with a connection to the Czech Republic
- Public and private educational institutions with a connection to the Czech Republic
- Czech governmental institutions and international organizations
- Individuals with a connection to the Czech Republic
Please note that Embassy grants CANNOT be used to fund religious organizations or partisan political activities; individual trips abroad (i.e. out of the Czech Republic); trade activities; fundraising campaigns; charitable activities; humanitarian aid; commercial projects; scientific research; projects whose primary aim is the institutional development and operational costs of the organization; or representational expenses (lunch, alcoholic beverages, flowers, etc.).
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://cz.usembassy.gov/notice-of-funding-opportunity/