The Ministry of Energy is designated as the Programme Operator (PO) of the Programme with the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding on the implementation of the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 on 09 December 2016. The Programme is implemented in partnership with the Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate (NVE) and the National Energy Authority of Iceland (OS).
The main objective of the Programme is to reduce carbon intensity and increase security of supply by achieving the following results:
- Increasing the production of energy from renewable sources;
- Improving energy efficiency in buildings, industry and municipalities;
- Raising expertise in renewable energy, energy efficiency and energy management.
- The minimum and maximum grant amounts for a project under this procedure are as follows:
- Minimum amount of individual grant: EUR 150 000 (BGN 296 375 );
- Maximum amount of the individual grant: EUR 200 000 (BGN 391 166).
- The maximum amount of de minimis aid applied for, together with the other minimum aid received, may not exceed the BGN equivalent of EUR 200 000
- The main target group of this procedure are the owners of industrial systems in the country, as well as all users of products / goods produced through the industrial process / s, whose energy efficiency is increased as a result of the grant.
- The target applicants for this call for proposals are described under section “Eligible Applicants”.
- As a result of the projects selected under this call for proposals, all citizens on the territory of the Beneficiary State (Bulgaria) or a Partner and/or donor country should be the final beneficiaries (final target group). The main target group of this procedure are the citizens on the territory of the country, in particular the users of the respective goods/products.
- Eligible Applicants under this procedure for selection of project proposals are only entities that are registered on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria and are merchant within the meaning of Art. 1 of the Commercial Law.
- The Applicants shall be directly responsible for the management and implementation of the project activities, and should not act as an intermediary.
- Branches of legal entities registered in Bulgaria cannot participate in the project selection procedure due to the lack of independent legal personality.
- To be eligible, the Applicant must:
- Be registered on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria and be merchant within the meaning of Art. 1 of the Commercial Law.
- Any private or public legal entity, both commercial and non-commercial, as well as non-governmental organisations, established and registered as a legal entity in the donor countries, the Republic of Bulgaria, or a country outside the European Economic Area, which has a common border with the Republic of Bulgaria or any international organization or authority or agency of the person thereof who actively participates in the implementation of a project and effectively contributes to it shall be considered as eligible Project Partners.
- The Partner must have experience or expertise in the implementation of activities related to the implementation of energy efficiency measures.
- Where the Applicant has one or more Partners, an agreement shall be concluded stating the roles and responsibilities of the individual Partners. At the stage of submitting a project proposal, the Applicant shall submit an agreement / draft agreement / letter of intent from the prospective Partner. If the project submitted by the Applicant is approved for funding before signing a Grant Contract, the Applicant shall submit a Partnership Agreement in original.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3rcfJz4