Deadline: 1 August 2019
The Fondation Mérieux is pleased to announce its small grants programme which contributes towards financing projects that aim to improve the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases. The projects including as beneficiaries mothers and children will be given priority.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Mérieux Foundation, an independent family foundation with public interest status, is committed to fighting, in the field, the infectious diseases that affect developing countries by building capacities, particularly in clinical laboratories.
With its network of laboratories, the foundation’s work is focused on diagnosis, an essential aspect of patient care and an indispensable tool for disease surveillance and control. Taking a global health approach, the foundation also works in the field to help the most vulnerable, with a strong emphasis on mothers and children.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Selected projects will receive financial support of up to 5000 euros.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Eligibility Criteria for Organizations
- Registered with the authorities of the country
- Status of association under the law of 1901 or recognized as a public utility or equivalent status for foreign structures,
- Nonprofit and independent management,
- Exclusive mission of public interest in connection with the Mérieux Foundation’s mandate: fight against the infectious diseases the affects the most vulnerable populations in developing countries, especially mothers and children,
- Respect and sign the ethical principles of the Mérieux Foundation’s Charter: transparency, professionalism, quality, independence, non-discrimination, respect,
- Not convicted (the organization or one of its member) of acts contrary to the principles stated above,
- Not in bankruptcy or receivership.
Eligibility Criteria for Projects
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Objectives and activities related to and consistent with the mandate of the Mérieux Foundation;
- Project based on a local needs assessment;
- Realistic, credible and innovative project;
- Strong local involvement: links with local authorities, local associations and beneficiaries;
- Harmonization with existing initiatives in the concerned location;
- Respect of ethical principles and gender equality in the implementation of the project.
Project takes place in one of the following countries: Algeria, Bangladesh, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Congo, Djibouti, DR Congo, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Iraq, Iran, Ivory Coast, Laos, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Myanmar, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Chad, Tunisia, Senegal, Tajikistan, Togo, Vanuatu and Vietnam.
Documents to Attach
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Copy of the official statutes of the organization
- Activity report from the previous year of the organization
- Budget and financial accounts from the previous year of the organization, certified by the competent authorities
- Detailed budget of the project
- Location map of the project
- Any reference of financial and operational partners of the organization
- Any useful document related to the project
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.fondation-merieux.org/en/what-we-do/improving-conditions-mothers-children/small-grants-program/