Deadline: 20 February 2020
The U.S. Embassy in the Republic of Moldova is seeking proposals for its Cultural Small Grants Program to promote mutual understanding and strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and Moldova through programs in music, sports, and the arts.
The program aims to:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- encourage Moldova’s European trajectory by supporting real reforms and tangible economic development for the Moldovan people.
- bridge divides in Moldovan society by promoting civic engagement and demand for accountable governance.
- support a whole and secure Moldova.
Strategic Priorities for the 2020 financial year are:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Supporting Independent Voices
- Promoting American values
- Reaching regional audiences
- Encouraging Accountable Governance
Applicants are encouraged to look at ways of using cultural programs (music, sports, arts, literature, etc.) to support one of the above priorities.
Examples may include, but are not limited to, how sports can contribute to effective governance, using theater or art to address the social impact of economic issues, or creative writing classes to help bring to light fresh and independent voices. These are just suggestions of how cultural programs can support broader themes that are important to the U.S. Mission. The embassy encourages applicants to carefully consider and clearly explain how their proposal advances their goals.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Programs and activities may include, but are not limited to: coaching workshops, exhibits, performances, and creative collaborations. There should be a distinctly U.S. component to the program.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Award Ceiling: $25,000
- Award Floor: $5,000
Moldovan non-profit NGOs, American non-profit NGOs which will partner with a Moldovan NGO or will reach a Moldovan audience, and Moldovan public institutions.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
The Cultural Small Grants Program cannot fund:
- Commercial organizations.
- Organizations with affiliation to elected officials, political parties, or religious groups;
- Humanitarian or charitable activities, including direct social services to populations;
- Fundraising campaigns;
- Career development activities;
- Political or partisan activities;
- Scientific research;
- Costs for meals and refreshments above 10% of the total funding;
- Staff salaries above 15% of the total funding (including fringe benefits);
- Transatlantic travel; or
- Purchase or lease of land and/or buildings
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=323666