Deadline: 3 April 2020
This is a €200,000 Fund created by Social Innovation Fund Ireland (SIFI) in partnership with Cork Chamber of Commerce and the Department of Rural and Community Development via the Dormant Accounts Fund.
The Sustainable Cork Fund will support not-for-profit organisations to increase the sustainability of Cork’s urban and rural communities through environmental, social and economic innovations which shape a more inclusive future for all. Taking sustainability to include environmental, social and economic resilience.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Fund will support projects achieving impact in:
- Climate action and environmental awareness: increasing sustainability, climate change education, increasing efforts in recycling, the circular economy, green production and waste awareness, etc.
- Community inclusion and cohesion: generating a positive sense of belonging, particularly for marginalised and vulnerable groups, including people with disabilities, people in minority ethnic groups, etc.
- Sustainable employment and economic development: supporting good quality jobs for all, strengthening Cork’s business environment sustainably and increasing localised economic development.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Projects that are not eligible to apply are:
- Research projects.
- Projects promoting or aligned with a political party.
- Projects that only accept participants of a particular faith or religious denomination.
- Projects where the main impact is outside the Republic of Ireland.
- Projects led by people under 18 years of age.
- Projects that are an idea (only) and that have not yet started.
- Projects that do not benefit communities in the Cork region.
- Projects seeking funding for capital items such as buildings, vans, renovations, equipment, and etc.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Awards package worth €55,000
- Cash grants of up to €40,000
- Business supports package worth up to €15,000
- A place on an Accelerator Programme from January 2021 to June 2021. This programme will include growth-planning, impact measurement and communications training as well as access to Social Innovation Fund Ireland’s expertise and networks.
- Project performance management.
- SIFI is inviting applications from projects or organisations that are engaged in improving environmental, social and/or economic outcomes for people in the Cork city or county regions.
- Projects must meet the criteria set by both SIFI and the Sustainable Cork Fund.
Note: Projects seeking funding for capital assets (such as buildings, vans or equipment) are not eligible.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
SIFI Core Criteria
- The project must address a critical social or environmental issue.
- The project proposed must be innovative in an Irish context.
- The project must be based on the island of Ireland and must make its’ main impact in the Republic of Ireland.
- The project must have the potential and desire to scale or replicate in Ireland (it may also have potential internationally, but this is not a requirement).
- The project must provide evidence that it is up and running, or has been tested at least in a minimal way.
- Applicants must come from an entity that has a ‘not for profit’ legal form e.g. charity, voluntary organisation, etc.
Sustainable Cork Criteria
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Projects focus on the environment, social inclusion and/or economic empowerment of their communities.
- Projects that have a direct and sustained impact on the economy in Cork city or county.
- Projects have a strong research and evidence base.
- Projects that work with communities and groups experiencing socio-economic disadvantage or geographic isolation.
- Projects that have outcomes in two or more of the following areas will have an advantage: environmental, social inclusion and economic empowerment.
- Applicants under 18 years of age.
- Commercial companies (the fund is only open to not-for-profit organisations such as charities, trusts, schools, or companies limited by guarantee).
- Staff, directors and their immediate family members of Social Innovation Fund Ireland and Cork Chamber.
How to Apply
Complete the online application form via given website.
For more information, visit http://www.socialinnovation.ie/sustainable-cork-fund/
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.