Deadline: 9 August 2019
The Souter Charitable Trust (SCT) is inviting applicants for its grant program to support projects engaged in the relief of human suffering in all its aspects in the UK and overseas especially, but not exclusively, those with a Christian emphasis and ethos.
Whilst there are no minimum or maximum amounts given an average grant would be a small one off in the region of £1,000 – £3,000.
- Grants are restricted to UK registered charities only. Current legislation does not permit the trustees to give direct grants to overseas organisations as they are unable to carry out the due diligence required of them.
- Small grants may be awarded for gap year / short term projects which extend to at least one calendar year.
- All projects for capital building and renovation works are specifically excluded from funding.
- The personal health and educational needs of individuals are not normally funded.
- Re-application for a grant is permitted, but only after once calendar year has elapsed.
- The trustees generally meet once a month and all applications, whether successful or not, are acknowledged in due course.
- All grants are made at the discretion of the Trustees and their decision is final.
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted either via postal or email at the address given on the website.
- Applications should be kept short, 2 sides of A4 is sufficient. The trustees are looking for a brief outline of the project aims and what the funding is required for a budget may be included and a copy of their latest audited accounts should be included.
Eligible Country: United Kingdom
For more information, please visit https://www.soutercharitabletrust.org.uk/guidelines.aspx