The Department of Labour is launching a call for proposals for NPOs/NGOs/PBOs/ Federations that specialise in labour matters to provide training on labour laws to vulnerable workers and their communities.
- The Training Should Focus on the Following:
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- Labour Relations Act
- Employment Equity Act
- Unemployment Insurance Act or,
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act (Including domestic workers)
- Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Applicants Must Adhere to the Following Criteria
- The organisation must be registered with the Department of Social Development in terms of N PO Act of 1997.
- Must have an existing office with office equipment (Provide lease agreement/water or electricity bill)
- Have an active bank account
- Send an audited financial statement for a previous project (from any donor’
- Must have knowledge and understanding of labour related matters and labour laws
- Must have knowledge and understanding of COIDA and OHSA.
For more information, visit Call for Proposals.