Deadline: 16 September 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for the 2019-2020 Direct Aid Program (DAP) which is an aid fund intended to finance or co-finance development micro-projects.
Placed under the responsibility of the Australian Consul General in Nouméa and funded by the Australian Government, this program is based on the principles of accessible, sustainable and practical development.
The level of intervention for each project is usually between 100,000 and 2,000,000 XPF.
The DAP program focuses on projects that have an impact on improving the status of women, education, youth integration, rural development and sustainable development and environmental protection. The selection of development projects focuses on the following pragmatic aspects:
- achieve concrete results
- foster the engagement of the local community
- ensure better accessibility for women, young people or people with disabilities
- ensure the sustainability of the results after the finalization of the project
The funds of the DAP program are intended to support projects presented by an association of the 1901 law type, a community or a special legal group that engages in development activities in countries that are eligible for official development assistance.
DAP funds cannot fund:
- Programs or projects that are funded by other governments or government agencies;
- Micro-credit projects or other projects that involve the return of funds paid or loans in cash;
- Remuneration of the employees of the association;
- Costs that are not directly related to the implementation of the project;
- Purchase or lease of land or real estate;
- Purchase of vehicles (however, the purchase of emergency or farm vehicles could be considered if they are essential to the project – please contact the Australian Consulate General if applicable);
- Operating or operating costs, including: rental, electricity, water, internet, machine maintenance, etc. ;
- Commercial projects;
- Direct support from governments
How to Apply
The Wallis and Futuna associations wishing to apply for 2019-2020 for the financing of development micro-projects or to request additional information are invited to send their applications at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://noumea.consulate.gov.au/nmeafrench/DAP.html