Deadline: 26 July 2019
The Evaluation Fund has launched a Call for Proposals in collaboration with the Global & African Partnerships to End Violence Against Children to identify particularly promising programs and to evaluate their effectiveness.
Through this Call for Proposals, they will support research projects focusing on childhood violence prevention interventions, in line with the INSPIRE Strategies.
The scope of this call is limited to interventions in Tanzania and Uganda, whose governments have made a public commitment to end all forms of violence against children, as part of a framework to identify so-called “Pathfinding Countries.”
Applicants are welcome to apply for a project focused on evaluation research (to understand what strategies work to prevent violence against children), or implementation research (to understand how and why those strategies work in real-world application).
The Evaluation Fund supports research that helps civil society organizations, researchers, and governments better understand whether programs and projects designed to prevent violence against children really work. Since 2011, The Evaluation Fund has supported high-quality evaluations of programs that are designed to prevent violence against children in low- and middle-income countries.
The total funding available is $720,000 USD for both Tanzania and Uganda (though this may not be equally split).
Whether an implementing organization or a research team, applicants are eligible to apply if:
- They form a research-implementer team to conduct this evaluation
- The program being evaluated focuses on the prevention of violence against children, rather than the response
- The program being evaluated is based in Tanzania or Uganda
- The primary researchers conducting the evaluation are based in Tanzania or Uganda (preferable); or the Sub-Saharan region more largely (considerable)
How to Apply
- This is a two-stage application process: Concept Note and Full Evaluation Proposal.
- Applications must be submitted via online platform given on the website.
- Please refer to the following documents for more information:
- One-pager on the Call for Proposals: This document provides a basic overview of the Call and they encourage applicants to use it and share it widely.
- Full Call for Proposals: This document provides applicants with details on the background of this Call, the eligibility & selection criteria, and the timeline.
- Concept Note Application Form: This document is intended to help applicants prepare their application. Please note that all Concept Note Application must be received via online platform.
For more information, please visit https://theevaluationfund.org/2019/06/13/east-africa-call-for-proposals/