Deadline: 15 August 2018
Are you an organisation ready to break the shackles of exclusion of underrepresented groups within your region? Do you have and/or wish to take to scale home-grown empowerment strategies that raise awareness, build confidence and self-esteem of Voice target groups to claim their rights? Do you see organisations across countries needing the same capacities strengthened? Are you willing to promote a positive image of Voice groups and fight discrimination creating a powerful ripple effect across countries? If yes, then apply for the “Empower beyond borders! Regional empowerment grants”!
Voice Empowerment grants are meant for (smaller) organisations to raise awareness, develop transformative leadership, build confidence and skills, and work against stigmatisation of marginalised and discriminated groups. Informal groups can access this funding by partnering with a registered (lead) organisation.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The grant is available from €5.000 to € 75.000 for a minimum duration of 12 to maximum 24 months.
Focus Groups & Focus Regions
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- East Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda) Region – Age-discriminated vulnerable groups notably the young and elderly, Persons with disabilities, and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex (LGBTI) people.
- West Africa (Nigeria, Niger and Mali) Region – Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex (LGBTI) people, Indigenous groups and ethnic minorities.
- South East Asia (Cambodia, Laos, Philippines and Indonesia) Region– Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex (LGBTI) people, Age-discriminated vulnerable groups, notably the elderly.
- Improved access to (productive) resources (finance, land and water) and employment,
- Improved access to social services, health and education in particular, and
- Space for political participation and citizen engagement.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The (lead) applicant must be target group-led. This means that the target group governs and manages the organisation with the principle of “Nothing About Us Without Us” guiding their work. Additionally, the (lead) applicant must be registered in at least one of the countries in the region where their project will be implemented. For example: For a project in West Africa, the (lead) applicant needs to be registered in either Niger, Mali or Nigeria.
- The only exception to the above is if the grant cannot be led by an organisation based in the countries due to the nature of the proposed project presenting additional security or safety risks. In this case Voice allows an application led by a target group-led organisation in a third country (preferably in a neighbouring country but also possibly outside Africa and Asia; if so required). Obviously the majority of the activities still need to be implemented in close collaboration with local groups in the Voice focus countries, taking security and safety into account.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form and budget form via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Eligible Countries: Laos, Indonesia, Cambodia, Philippines, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Mali, Niger, Nigeria.
For more information, please visit Empowerment Grants Program.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.