Deadline: 16 September 2019
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Contribute to End hunger (SDG 2);
- Inclusive agriculture for ecologically sustainable food security (SDG 6).
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The proposed project must contribute to the following long-term impact in Food and Nutrition Security FNS:
- Promote agricultural growth;
- Create ecologically sustainable food systems.
The following medium-term impact will contribute to this:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Education system (TVET/HE) is of good quality, relevant and accessible (SDG 4);
- Partnerships between persons and organisations are inclusive and sustainable (SDG 17);
- Organisations key to (sectoral) inclusive development of partner countries are strengthened by inflow of enhanced workforce.
Maximum available funding for this call, excluding co-funding: EUR 750,000
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
TVET/HE organisations (in the selected partner countries and in NL) perform better their core tasks, firmly embedded in their environment (in line with country / regional specific labour market needs & aiming at inclusiveness).
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Proposals should address capacity development at universities and vocational training institutes in gender mainstreamed education, training and research in support of innovative systems in food and nutrition security in Egypt and specifically:
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- Develop and implement a holistic, multi-disciplinary and practical educational approach in support of food and nutrition security;
- Develop capacity in successful models of agricultural value chains;
- Address Climate Smart Agriculture CSA i.e. the Water-Food-Energy nexus in relation to water efficiency by expansion of adapted agriculture i.e. protected cultivation, drip irrigation, saline farming, agricultural waste recycling;
- Develop CSA and value chain mechanisms that bring together all relevant Egyptian and Dutch private and public institutions and the education sector to increase synergies, transfer and share knowledge in agriculture value chains and CSA;
- Insert Labour market orientation in study programmes and contract research. Public and private sector organisations both Egyptian and Dutch and CSO’s are expected to be included;
- Address agricultural extension services for farmers organisations in innovation, testing and field demonstration of agricultural technologies including climate smart agriculture (CSA), protected cultivation, saline farming, water efficiency and agro-waste management.
Grant applications and applicants have to meet the following minimum criteria to be eligible for a grant:
- The grant application must be submitted by a Dutch institution for secondary vocational or higher vocational or academic education, or a knowledge institution or organisation in a Country, potentially on behalf of their consortia. The project must be a collaboration between a Dutch and a country A partner, potentially on behalf of their consortia. All country A partners have to be based in the country/countries specified in the call. Only the Dutch lead partner has to be based in the Netherlands.
- The grant applicant is in a position to provide adequate financial management and, due to its experience and expertise in relation to activities similar to those for which the grant is being requested, can guarantee the targeted and effective performance of the activities to achieve the impact and outcomes as defined in the application; the applicant must submit data in the form of a COCA3 to enable its capacities to be assessed.
- The grant applicant can function and operate appropriately within the legislation passed by the government in the country or countries in question.
- The project proposal has a minimum duration of one year and a maximum duration of four years, and must be implemented and established by no later than 31 December 2021.
- The grant applied for does not exceed the maximum amount specified in the call for grant applications.
- Any required co-funding is guaranteed.
- The grant application meets any specific financial requirements set out in the call.
- The grant application must be in the compulsory format and meet all criteria and requirements stated in this document.
- The grant application is in line with the CPI of the country concerned.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website. The email must at least carry the following information:
- Subject: grant application Orange Knowledge Programme: OKP-country abbreviation-call number;
- a description of the content: call number, country, attached documents;
- the full name and contact details of the applicant.
For more information, please visit https://www.nuffic.nl/en/subjects/q2-2019-calls-for-joint-proposals-institutional-collaboration-orange-knowledge/
(Ad) A massive library of Downloadable Ebooks, covering a range of how-to topics from fundraising, proposal writing, grant listings, donor listings to NGO management. Learn more.