Deadline: 29 November 2019
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
U.S. ambassadors in eligible countries may submit proposals for projects to preserve cultural heritage in the host country. This competitive global fund was established to help countries preserve cultural heritage and to demonstrate U.S. respect for the cultural heritage of Bosnia and Herzegovina and other cultures. The projects selected to receive funding under this program will advance U.S. diplomatic goals and demonstrate the depth of U.S. respect for the cultural heritage of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Floor on Amount of Individual Awards: $200,000 per project
- Ceiling on Amount of Individual Awards: $800,000 per project
- Project performance period: 1-5 years
The AFCP Large Grants Program supports the preservation of major ancient archaeological sites, historic buildings and monuments, and major museum collections that are accessible to the public and protected by law in the host country. Appropriate project activities may include:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- preventive conservation (addressing conditions that damage or threaten the site)
- stabilization (reducing the physical disturbance [settling, collapse, etc.] of a site)
- conservation (addressing damage or deterioration to a collection or sites)
- consolidation (connecting or reconnecting elements of a site)
- anastylosis (reassembling a site from its original parts)
- restoration (replacing missing elements to recreate the original appearance of a site, usually appropriate only with fine arts, decorative arts, and historic buildings)
Applications for projects that directly support one or more of the following will receive additional consideration in FY2020:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- U.S. treaty or bilateral agreement obligations, such as cultural property agreement
- Disaster risk reduction for cultural heritage in seismically active and other disaster-prone areas
- Post-disaster cultural heritage recovery
- Preservation of inscribed World Heritage sites
- Bosnian and Herzegovinian based non-commercial entities that are registered in SAM.gov and able to demonstrate that they have the requisite experience and capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage.
- This may include: non-governmental organizations, museums, Ministry of Culture, or similar institutions and organizations, including U.S.-based organizations subject to Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code.
- The AFCP will not award grants to individuals, commercial entities, or past recipients that have not fulfilled the objectives or reporting requirements of previous AFCP awards.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- This opportunity consists of two application rounds:
- Round 1 (Project Abstract)
- Round 2 (Full Proposal)
- Applicants must submit their applications at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://ba.usembassy.gov/education-culture/grant-opportunities/cultural-preservation-grants/2020-ambassadors-fund-for-cultural-preservation-afcp-large-grant-competition/