Applications are now open for the Sydney Mardi Gras Parade Grants supported by Google Australia in 2023.
The grants are designed to support parade entries that make a significant and meaningful contribution to the LGBTQIA+ community by awarding grants of $5,000 to not-for-profit organisations, charities, community groups and individuals. If successful, funds can be used to cover travel expenses, rehearsal or float production, costumes, decorating or construction materials etc.
- The total value of all grants is up to the value of $60,000.
- There will be 12 x $5,000 grants available for provision by Google Australia to community groups.
- Not for profit organisations, community groups and individuals whose application to march in the 2023 Parade has been successful.
- Mardi Gras Parade Grants will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Benefit that the Parade entry brings to the LGBTQIA+ community
- Demonstrated capacity for the applicant to deliver the entry
- Demonstrated budgeting and project planning
- Demonstrated ability of the Parade Grant proposal in clearly communicating overall concept, value to the LGBTQIA+ community, and proficient inclusion of project detailing
- Environmental Factors
- Ensuring grants are distributed equitably across the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex communities
- Ensuring grants are distributed equitably across a range of locations
- Ensuring grants are distributed equitably across a range of intersecting demographics, including race and socioeconomic. First Nations and Aboriginal organisations are encouraged to apply.
Grants will not support:
- An entrant will not be eligible if any of the following apply:
- Are a commercial business activity
- Are a government organisation
- Seeking a grant for any project other than a 2023 Parade entry
- All Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade Grants, supported by Google Australia, recipients are required to acknowledge Sydney Mardi Gras and Google support in marketing and promotional activity, including social media, using the tag line:
- [Organisation or Individual’s Name] is a proud recipient of a Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade Grant supported by Google Australia.
- This may be a line acknowledgement only; logo acknowledgement is not necessary. Grant recipients are required to demonstrate acknowledgement in grant acquittals.
- All Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade Grants supported by Google Australia recipients are also required to post on either their Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account to announce their winning of the grant, tagging Google and Sydney Mardi Gras and using the hashtag #MardiGrasGoogleParadeGrant.
For more information, visit https://www.mardigras.org.au/2023-parade-grants/