The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria, through the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in the Republic of Azerbaijan, announces a procedure for acceptance and selection of proposals for projects that will be implemented with grant-in-aid within the framework of the official development assistance of the Republic of Bulgaria with an initial implementation period in 2024 year.
- Ensuring inclusive and quality education.
- Protection and guarantee of the rights of children, people with disabilities and other vulnerable social groups.
- Creating conditions for access to quality and inclusive education, e.g. by modernizing training programs, improving the educational infrastructure and introducing modern technologies and innovations in the educational process;
- Strengthening the administrative capacity at the national, regional and local level of the Azerbaijani institutions involved in the protection of the rights of children, people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups of the population;
- Improvement of the social environment for vulnerable groups of the population, incl. in the context of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on these groups.
- The minimum allowable value of a project is BGN 10,000.
- The recommended maximum value per project is:
- for projects whose main purpose is delivery of goods and/or provision of services – up to BGN 60,000;
- for projects whose main purpose is to carry out repair and/or construction activities – up to BGN 60,000.
- Project proposals must contain an indicative start date for project implementation after January 15, 2024 and no later than November 30, 2024.
- The deadline for project implementation cannot be later than December 31, 2026.
- Confirmation of the good name and international authority of the Republic of Bulgaria;
- Adoption and application of good practices and European standards in the field of modernization of education and protection of the rights of children, people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups;
- Expanding the possibilities for the transfer of expertise between the Republic of Bulgaria and the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Improvement of educational and social infrastructure.
- Development of new/updating existing training modules;
- Organizing and conducting trainings for the employees of the administration of the partner country
- Conducting trainings on specific topics in Bulgarian institutions to exchange good practices and increase the qualification of employees from the administration of the partner country
- Organization and holding of seminars, forums, conferences
- Research and strategy development
- Activities to raise awareness of citizens’ rights
- Activities to promote multicultural dialogue and to limit racism, xenophobia, hate speech, discrimination and intolerance in society
- Activities to improve dialogue between non-governmental organizations and local, regional and national authorities
- Activities related to improving the quality of social infrastructure /educational/health/ and increasing the potential of sites through the supply of equipment and materials, construction works, restoration, renewal, rehabilitation, measures to preserve and improve adjacent buildings and infrastructure, public buildings and other complementary objects, for example: Delivery of equipment and materials intended for objects of state or municipal ownership – schools, hospitals, kindergartens, homes for the elderly, etc.; Construction and repair works to improve the state of objects that are state or municipal property – schools, hospitals, kindergartens, homes for the elderly, etc.
- State and local administration in Azerbaijan;
- Educational institutions – kindergartens, schools, universities, day care centers, etc.;
- Marginalized and vulnerable groups, with special emphasis on children, people with disabilities, refugees, internally displaced persons;
- Associations and organizations contributing to the realization of the priorities and the achievement of the goals of the Bulgarian “Development Aid”.
- Primary and secondary budget managers – legal entities of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- International and local non-governmental organizations;
- Municipalities and their associations;
- Educational, health and social institutions;
- International humanitarian organizations;
- Others (depending on the specifics of the country).
- Applicants whose projects will be considered as a priority for the upcoming 2024 procedure.
- Beneficiaries whose project/s from previous years were successfully completed within the term of the contract/annex and with final reports accepted by the MFA.
- Beneficiaries who have submitted interim reports on projects from previous years in the term of the contract/annex (does not apply to projects financed and implemented for 2023)
- Applicants with a sustainable project history of at least 2 years.
- Applicants may submit no more than 2 project proposals under this announcement. In the event that an applicant submits more than 2 proposals, all of their submitted project proposals will be excluded from further evaluation.
For more information, visit Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria.