The Japan Foundation is seeking applications to provide financial support for artists and Japanese cultural specialists who participate in cultural events (e.g., performances, demonstrations, lectures and workshops) overseas with the aim of introducing Japanese arts and culture or of contributing to international society through arts and cultural projects.
- Partial support of the following expenditures:
- International travel expense
- Carriage (baggage/freight)
- Note: Please note that only the flights departing from Japan (round trip) are eligible for the grant.
- Projects must be either:
- Projects that are supported by grants from Japanese governmental organizations, government-affiliated agencies, independent administrative institutions of Japan or The Japan-Korea Cultural Foundation cannot receive grants under this program.
- Projects with invitation from Japanese diplomatic missions abroad alone are not eligible for the grant.
- Projects with invitation from applicant’s branch office abroad alone are not eligible for the grant.
- For projects which take place between October 1, 2024 and March 31, 2025. Project participants must depart Japan on or after October 1, 2024 and must be back in Japan by March 31, 2025.
- Applicants must be either:
- Groups or individuals in the arts and cultural fields who are based in Japan and have received invitations to participate in cultural events overseas from foreign organizations;
For more information, visit Japan Foundation.