Deadline: 12 December 2016
The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust (JRCT) is seeking applications for its program entitled “Rights and Justice”. JRCT is committed to the creation of a world that guarantees equal treatment for all people.
JRCT is concerned that the rights of vulnerable and marginalised communities in the UK are being eroded, particularly Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) communities, migrants and refugees.
- Protection and promotion of equality and human rights and their enforcement in the UK
JRCT welcomes applications for:
- policy advocacy and campaigning to protect and promote equality and human rights for the most vulnerable
- the provision of accurate information and analysis about human rights and equality to inform decision-makers and the wider public
- holding government and public bodies to account for their implementation of equalities and human rights commitments
- awareness raising of equality and human rights amongst the broader public
- work to develop new voices in the human rights and equality sphere and to create connections between human rights and economic justice issues.
- Promoting rights and justice for minorities who face the most severe forms of racism
JRCT welcomes applications from civil society organisations that tackle injustices faced by racial and religious minorities, in particular, by Muslim communities, Roma, Gypsies and Travellers across Europe. This includes:
- monitoring and advocacy for legislation and policies to promote rights for these communities
- activities to promote political empowerment, in particular, amongst and led by women within these communities
- efforts to build solidarity amongst advocacy organisations and between advocacy organisations and wider civil society
- work to challenge ideologies and movements that encourage racism and xenophobia and tackle attitudes and policies that deny equal treatment for vulnerable minorities.
- Promotion of rights and justice for refugees and other migrants by identifying and tackling root causes, structures and systems that may deny them their rights
JRCT welcomes applications to strengthen the ability of migrants to assert and defend their rights through:
- support for alliance building and grassroots organisation, including engagement with non-traditional allies
- advocacy and campaigning to prevent the abuse of migrants’ rights
- promoting access to justice through civil society organisations which spread knowledge of migrants’ rights and judicial procedures and embed advances in the enforcement of rights.
The Trust makes grants to a range of organisations and to individuals. It is not necessary to be a registered charity to apply to the Trust. However, the Trust can only support work which is legally charitable as defined in UK law.
How to Apply
- Applicants must submit the following additional documents:
- Narrative proposal
- Budgets Accounts
- Governing document (non-charities only)
- Closing report (existing grantees only)
- Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: United Kingdom
For more information, please visit Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust.