The Netherland-America Foundation (NAF) is seeking applications for its Cultural Grant Program to fund exhibitions, performances, publications, and research promoting a high level of artistic and intellectual exchange between the United States and the Netherlands. Both emerging artists and established organizations are welcome to apply!
Funding is provided for a cross section of projects—both traditional and contemporary—with geographic distribution spanning the United States and the Netherlands. Both emerging artists as well as established organizations are eligible. The NAF Cultural Committee is comprised of professionals in the various fields of art and design. The committee meets four times annually to discuss applicants and select awardees.
- The United States and the Netherlands.
- The amounts must be in USD. A typical grant award is $1,500-$5,000.
- Must be the work of a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or the Netherlands must exemplify cultural exchanges between their two countries.
- Must have a U.S. or Netherlands-based nonprofit organization as sponsor, organizer or affiliation
- Must be before or in the formative stage of the project and not have been completed at the time of the grant application
- Must be open to the public and reach a wide public audience
- Must include copies of contractual agreements if relevant.
What’s the difference between a letter of intent and application?
- A letter of intent is encouraged if the project is at least 9 months or more away from the projected start date. It is not a mandatory step in the application process. If the Cultural Committee is interested in the project, the applicant will be invited to submit a full grant application, but this will not guarantee an award.
- Applications must be submitted at least 6 months before the grant is needed to ensure proper consideration. Proposals for projects that are already underway, or have been concluded at the time of the review, are not funded. Organizations or individuals who have recently received funding should wait three years before re-applying.
For more information, visit Cultural Grant.