Deadline: 19 December 2019
The Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) is pleased to announce its Strengthening Rural Communities (SRC) – Small & Vital grant program to give small rural, regional and remote communities across Australia the opportunity to access funds that can benefit and help secure their future prosperity.
Grants are available for a broad range of initiatives that directly and clearly benefit local communities.
- Building community resilience
- Developing organisational resilience and capacity
- Enhancing environmental sustainability
- Fostering cultural vibrancy
- Lifelong learning and education
- Economic strength
- Improving community health and social wellbeing
- Grants of up to $10,000 are available;
- Applications for the Small & Vital tier of this grants program are accepted anytime via their online application portal (Grants Gateway);
- Applications are assessed by FRRR on a quarterly basis.
- Not-for-profit community-based organisations from communities across rural, regional and remote Australia where funds support projects and activities that offer clear public benefit (i.e. are for a charitable purpose) and address a need in the community.
- Organisations with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate.
- Organisations with and without DGR endorsement.
- An organisation is eligible to submit one application per grant round.
The following applications will be prioritised:
- Projects initiated and delivered by local community groups.
- Applications from communities fewer than 15,000 people.
- Organisations that do not have Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) Tax status.
- Individuals, private or commercial businesses are ineligible;
- Projects that support core business and areas of responsibility of Federal, State and Local Governments are ineligible.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.frrr.org.au/grants/Strengthening_Rural_Communities.php