Deadline: 1 August 2019
Grants intended for local representatives of civil society including non-governmental organizations, cultural institutions, universities, schools, and individuals. To receive funding, grants must support one of the following goals:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Promoting peace, democracy, reconciliation and human rights.
- Promoting economic empowerment, good governance and rule of law.
- Programs promoting Sri Lanka as a free, open and secure partner.
Average Award Amounts: $24,000 USD
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Programs typically funded include, but not limited to:
- Youth engagement
- Leadership skills
- Gender equality and the rights of girls and women
- Integrity of free press
- Capacity building of civil society
- Interfaith dialogue
Activities not typically funded include, but are not limited to:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Projects that do not have a plan for sustaining the activity or monitoring results
- Social welfare or development projects
- Projects primarily designed to cover organizational salaries or to cover only an organization’s logistical costs (e.g. rent/mortgage payments, room rental, coffee breaks, etc.)
- Costs to complete activities begun with other funding
- Citizen exchange programs with foreign countries
- Political party, military activities or construction
- Projects that support specific religious activities
- Eligible Applicants:
- The U.S. Embassy encourages applications from all sectors: committed and organized civil-society organizations, local representatives of civil society, think tanks, non-governmental organizations, academic institutions, and individuals. All grantees must have a non-profit status.
- Cost sharing or Matching:
- Applicants are encouraged to provide cost sharing from additional sources in support of their projects. The U.S. Embassy also encourage projects that use highly skilled volunteers as an element of cost sharing. Applications should explain clearly other likely sources of funding and role of volunteers.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
The following activities and costs not covered under this announcement:
- Construction is not an allowable activity under this award;
- Activities that appear partisan or that support individual or party electoral campaigns;
- Military assistance of any kind;
- Duplication of services immediately available through municipal, provincial, or national government;
- Expenses made prior to the approval of a proposal or unreasonable expenditures not reimbursed.
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Applicants must submit application template, detailed budget template, and other documentation via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://lk.usembassy.gov/embassy/grant-opportunities/