Deadline: 10 January 2020
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The SUSI for Women Leadership is an intensive short-term academic program for undergraduate female student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills.
The Institute will focus on two major areas: developing participants’ leadership skills in areas such as critical thinking, communication, decision-making, and managerial abilities; and, placing these abilities in the context of the history and participation of women in U.S. politics, economics, culture, and society.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The program will also examine the historical domestic progress towards women’s equality in the United States, the current domestic successes and challenges to women in a variety of fields, and current challenges in global women’s issues.
Kazakhstan has four/five slots for SUSI Women’s Leadership program, PAS would like to receive nominations of the strongest candidates. Participants’ expenses will be fully covered by ECA.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Ideal candidates will:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- be a female between 18 and 25 years of age;
- be a first through third year undergraduate students from Kazakhstan universities;
- be interested in the topic of Women’s Leadership and learning about the United States;
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities, academic achievement and potential in their university and community activities;
- have no prior study or travel experience in the U.S. or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country;
- be proficient in English.
For more information, visit https://kz.usembassy.gov/education-culture/opportunities/susi-for-women-leadership/