Deadline: 1 April 2017
The U.S. Embassy in Skopje is currently inviting Macedonian non-profit and non-governmental organizations and independent media for its Democracy Commission Grants Program to support the development of democratic institutions in the Republic of Macedonia.
The Commission is most interested in projects relating to:
- Promoting rule of law / effective administration in justice
- Fostering independent media / enhancing professionalism in the media
- Civic education and civil society
- Institutionalization of open, pluralistic, democratic political processes at the local level
- Interethnic community building
- Empowerment of women and youth
- Promoting economic and business development
- Human rights
- Reconciliation of disputes
- Combating human trafficking
- Environmental protection
The maximum Democracy Commission grant is $24,000.
Macedonian non-profit and non-governmental organizations and independent media are eligible to apply.
The Democracy Commission will evaluate proposals according to the following criteria:
- Relevance of topic
- Clarity in goals, activities, and target group
- Sensible budgeting
- Longer-term sustainability, where applicable
- The ability of the applying organization to successfully carry out the project aims
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Macedonia
For more information, please visit Democracy Commission Grants Program.