Deadline: 15 September 2020
PAS Harare invites proposals for projects that strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and Zimbabwe through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation. All programs MUST include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert(s), organization(s), or institution(s) in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Priority Program Areas
The U.S. Embassy Zimbabwe, Public Affairs Section is seeking proposals for projects throughout the fiscal year (project dates beginning December 1, 2019) that:
- promote educational and cultural exchange;
- build the rule of law and fiscal transparency;
- encourage civic discourse and action against violence and corruption;
- support professionalization of the media;
- promote freedom of expression and information;
- encourage entrepreneurship, economic growth, innovation and sound business practices;
- empower women and youth with specific knowledge of women’s rights and skills to enhance economic advancement;
- promote social inclusion and tolerance of underserved communities, such as disabled persons, minority ethnic groups, LGBTQI, and those in remote rural areas;
- promote greater health awareness and livelihoods in HIV prevention and AIDS treatment;
- promote natural resource management, and sustainable environmental practices including mitigation against climate change; and
- combat the trafficking of animals, humans, and illicit materials and substances.
- Total available funding: US $135,000
- Award amounts: Awards may range from a minimum of $10,000 to a maximum of $24,999 US dollars. Awards solely for travel to participate in US conferences may range from $1,000 to $5,000.
- Anticipated program start date: Project activities may start December 1, 2019 and must end before 30 September 2020.
The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from Zimbabwean:
- registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks, trusts and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience;
- non-profit or governmental educational institutions.
For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
All application materials must be sent via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=322155