Deadline: 9 December 2019
The Ambassadors Fund was established by the U.S. Congress in 2000 to help countries preserve their cultural heritage and to demonstrate U.S. respect for different cultures around the world.
- CULTURAL SITES, that include (but not limited to) historic buildings and archaeological sites.
- CULTURAL OBJECTS AND COLLECTIONS from a museum, site, or similar institution that include archaeological and ethnographic objects, paintings, sculpture, manuscripts, and general museum conservation needs.
- FORMS OF TRADITIONAL CULTURAL EXPRESSION that include traditional music, indigenous languages, and crafts.
The minimum amount of an award is $10,000, and the maximum is $200,000.
Eligible Project Applicants
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must be non-governmental organizations, museums, ministries of culture, or similar institutions and organizations, including U.S.-based organizations subject to Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code, that are able to demonstrate that they have the requisite experience and capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage. The AFCP Program strongly encourages cost-sharing, in-kind contributions, and other forms of cost participation.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Proposals must be written in English
- Proposals must be submitted electronically via e-mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://md.usembassy.gov/education-culture/local-programs/culture-programs/ambassadors-fund-cultural-preservation/