Deadline: 1 January 2017
The U.S. Embassy in Ireland is seeking applications for its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program to provide support for projects proposed by Irish non-profit, cultural, educational and civil society organizations that aim to promote mutual understanding and shared values; strengthen U.S.-Ireland ties, and foster people-to-people exchange between the United States and Ireland.
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Ireland is particularly interested in projects that engage and empower youth and diverse Irish audiences, safeguard the democratic ideals of freedom of expression and tolerance, strengthen social entrepreneurship, address environmental sustainability, and support people-to-people exchange between Ireland and the United States.
- Investing in young leaders and youth initiatives;
- Supporting peace, reconciliation and cross-border dialogue;
- Promoting gender equality and empowering women and girls globally;
- Responding to the challenge of global climate change and sustainable development;
- Promoting tolerance, diversity and multiculturalism;
- Promoting economic opportunity through social entrepreneurship.
Maximum Amount of Each Award: $3,000
- The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Ireland encourages applications from all sectors, and for applicants to provide cost-sharing from additional sources in support of this project.
- The Public Affairs Section favors projects that use highly-skilled volunteers as an element of cost-sharing.
- Applications should explain clearly other likely sources of funding and how volunteers will be used.
- The Public Affairs Section encourages geographically and demographically diverse audiences in Ireland.
- Preference will be given to Irish individuals and institutions with a proven track record of executing high quality educational events and programs.
- New grantees will be generally given priority over previous grantees.
- Preference will be given to proposals that demonstrate the long-term sustainability of the project and that include some form of cost-sharing with the partner institution(s).
How to Apply
Proposals should be submitted online via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Ireland
For more information, please visit Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.