Deadline: 23 August 2019
U.S. Embassy in Lithuania is seeking proposals for its program entitled “American Documentary Tour” with an aim to strengthen Lithuanian civil society through films that focus on human rights issues and other relatable topics.
The U.S. Embassy Vilnius is looking for proposals for a grant of up to $25,000 from event managers, non-governmental organizations, and/or cultural organizations to develop and implement a program advocating for human rights and a strong civil society in Lithuania, particularly in rural and remote communities throughout the country. The main element of the program is showcasing American documentaries that discuss topics such as entrepreneurship, American arts and culture, sports, science, and human rights issues (e.g. LGBTQI, disability rights, health, rule of law, and gender). The film slate to be featured, is part of the film diplomacy program “American Film Showcase,” sponsored by the U.S. Department of State.
In coordination with the U.S. Embassy applicants proposal should include the following activities:
- Developing a tour schedule (6-12 months) that includes free public screenings, panel discussions, workshops, and / or other community outreach activities in multiple cities across Lithuania. When choosing the locations, proper evaluation is needed to determine the highest potential for community engagement and successful partnerships with local organizations in the community. In addition, facilities suitable for public screenings should be taken into consideration.
- All related activities should raise awareness about the importance of human rights and promote the American tradition of storytelling.
- Providing logistical support for the tour, such as arranging venues, subtitling the films (preferably for audiences with hearing disabilities) managing tickets and/ or invitations, and other related activities.
- Planning and preparing an effective communication strategy to attract target audiences; developing marketing materials and media engagements to advertise the program.
- Identifying and communicating with experts and specialists to be invited to the panels, workshops or other activities, as part of the program, this can include American experts as part of the grant budget.
- Lithuanian and U.S. non-profit organizations can apply.
- Commercial companies or third country organizations and individuals (non-Lithuania and non-American) are not eligible for grants.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the application form at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://lt.usembassy.gov/26454/