The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the United States Consulate General in Tijuana of the U.S. Department of State announces an open competition for civil society organizations and educational institutions to submit applications to carry out public diplomacy projects in Baja California and Baja California Sur.
This NOFO seeks to promote opportunities for civil society organizations to develop activities, campaigns, or projects to advance shared priorities of the United States and Mexico through cultural and educational programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation.
The goal of this NOFO is to strengthen community-based organizations in support of activities to empower their community through the following topics:
- Promote STEAM education (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics)
- Youth empowerment
- Transparency, rule of law
- English language
- Preventing and countering violence
All proposals should promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
- Awards may range from a minimum of $1,500 USD to a maximum of $10,000 .
Participants and Audiences
- Proposals should focus on engaging Mexican citizen audiences. A gender balance among participants is preferred as well as engaging underserved populations.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Registered Mexican and American Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations working in Baja California and Baja California Sur. Public and private educational institutions U.S. or Mexican citizens.
For more information, visit https://mx.usembassy.gov/nofo_bajacalifornia/