Deadline: 14 July 2020
The U.S. Embassy Maputo of the U.S. Department of State has announced an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out a program (or program) to administer English Language Training through MOOCs in Cabo Delgado Province, under the following problem statement.
- Provide Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) for a group of professionals or students in Cabo Delgado. The course should address a specific profession, purpose or area which is linked to the target audience.
- The U.S. Embassy Maputo invites proposals for programs that administer English Language Training and strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and Mozambique.
- All English Language Training MOOCs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives while providing language learning.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $2,500.00 to a maximum of $10,000.00
- Total available funding: approximately $50,000.00
- Anticipated program start date: Before September 30, 2020
The performance period should be 6 months or less, including the evaluation period of the project. A detailed timeline indicating dates/months of planned activities and events should be included in the proposal.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Participants and Audiences
Target audiences should be people residing in Cabo Delgado province who have limited English learning opportunities.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The following organizations are eligible to apply – they should be located in Cabo Delgado Province, and registered with the Government of Mozambique
- Nonprofit entities;
- Academic institutions,
- Alumni through a registered organization,
- The selection panel will accept proposals from non-Mozambican (i.e. foreign) organizations so long as those organizations are registered to legally operate in Cabo Delgado Province.
- Such entities may include:
- Nongovernmental organizations;
- Civil society organizations;
- Associations and
- Nonprofit academic institutions:
- Applicants must submit a copy of their organization’s registration certificate with their proposal. Proposals from for-profit companies, individuals, or informal organizations not registered with the Government of Mozambique will not be accepted. With the exception of academic institutions, proposals from entities wholly owned by the Government of Mozambique will not be accepted.
Content of Application
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Please ensure:
- The proposal clearly addresses the goals and objectives of this funding opportunity
- The proposal includes an “American” component;
- All documents are in English;
- All budgets are in U.S. dollars;
- All pages are numbered;
- All documents are formatted to 8 ½ x 11 paper, and
- All Microsoft Word documents are single-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, with a minimum of 1-inch margins.
For more information, visit https://mz.usembassy.gov/notice-of-funding-opportunity-english-moocs-in-cabo-delgado/