Deadline: 15 January 2017
The U.S. Embassy in Port of Spain is currently inviting organizations for its Small Grants Program to fund creative and sustainable projects that promote human rights, civilian security, youth outreach, entrepreneurship and good governance, while furthering people to-people and institutional ties between the United States and Trinidad and Tobago.
Each project must contribute to societal and/or institutional growth in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Governance and Human Rights: Improving respect for human rights by promoting inclusion of different ethnic groups, persons with disabilities, women and girls, the LGBTI community, and others who might feel excluded from society. As well as increasing transparency, anti-corruption efforts, and civil society leadership.
- Citizen Security: Addressing the needs of at-risk youth, particularly in underserved communities, providing them with tools they need to improve their lives and communities and countering violent terrorism.
- Economic Growth: Encouraging social and economic entrepreneurs, improving education through innovation and technology, and encouraging study in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math education (STEM).
The maximum amount per award for each proposal is US$10,000.
- Proposals from non-profits and/or NGOs, academic institutions, and social enterprises with offices headquartered in Trinidad and Tobago will be given preference.
- Note: The embassy will also accept applications from U.S. based institutions, but they must show that they have already obtained on-the ground support of a local organization.
Successful proposals must include the following:
- U.S. element: This can include but is not limited to the use of an American individual or program of clearly identified American origin
- Outreach plan to communicate with the general public including press, social media, school visits, and public presentations
- A detailed and feasible monitoring and evaluation plan (qualitative and/or quantitative analysis of impact, including surveys)
How to Apply
Applicants must submit concept papers ELECTRONICALLY ONLY via given website.
Eligible Countries: Trinidad and Tobago and United States
For more information, please visit Trinidad and Tobago Small Grants Program.