Deadline: 2 December 2016
The U.S. Embassy in the Kyrgyz Republic has launched a call for proposals for its U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) with an aim to preserve cultural heritage in Kyrgyz Republic.
- A CULTURAL SITE OR SITES (historic buildings and sites, sacred places, monuments, and archaeological sites). Proposals in this category may involve, for example, restoration of a historic building, an archaeological survey as a component of a preservation plan, preservation management planning for a site, or documentation of sites in a region for preservation purposes.
- AN OBJECT OR COLLECTION OF OBJECTS from a museum, site, archive, or similar institution. Includes archaeological and ethnographic objects, paintings, sculpture, manuscripts, photographic and film collections, and general museum conservation activities. Proposals in this category may involve, for example, conservation treatment for an object or collection of objects; conservation assessment of a collection, its storage environment, and threats to its safekeeping; inventory of a collection for conservation purposes; the creation of safe environments for storage or display of collections; or specialized training in the care and preservation of collections.
- FORMS OF TRADITIONAL CULTURAL EXPRESSION includes traditional music, rituals, knowledge, languages, dance, drama, and crafts. Proposals in this category may involve, for example, documenting and audiovisual recording of traditional music, dance forms, or storytelling as part of a traditional expression and making the information and recordings available; or support for training in the preservation of traditional arts or crafts that are threatened by extinction.
AFCP will not consider project proposals totaling less than USD 10,000.
- AFCP will consider project proposals from non-governmental, non-commercial organizations, museums, cultural or similar organizations.
- AFCP will not consider projects from individuals, commercial entities, or past award recipients which have not fulfilled the reporting requirements of previous AFCP awards.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Kyrgyz Republic
For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy in the Kyrgyz Republic.